Treatment and rehabilitation of drug dependents is an essential component of drug demand reduction. Republic Act 9165 or the “The Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002”, as amended (the “Act”) mandates that it is State policy to provide effective mechanisms or measures to re-integrate into society individuals who have fallen victims to drug abuse or dangerous drug dependence through sustainable programs of treatment and rehabilitation.
Treatment and Rehabilitation Centers accredited by the Department of Health utilize different drug treatment modalities or approaches in the treatment of drug dependents.
- Multidisciplinary Team Approach avails of the services and skills of a team composed of a psychiatrist, psychologist, social worker, occupational therapist, or practitioners of other related disciplines in collaboration with the family and the drug dependent.
- Therapeutic Community Approachviews addiction as a symptomatic manifestation of a more complex psychological problem rooted in an interplay of emotional, social, physical and spiritual values. It is a highly structured program wherein the community is utilized as the primary vehicle to foster behavioral and attitudinal change. The patient receives the information and the impetus to change from being a part of the community. Role modelling and peer pressure play significant parts in the program.
The goal of every therapeutic community is to change the patients’ self-destructive thinking and behavioral pattern, teach them personal responsibility, positivize their self-image, create a sense of human community and provide an environment in which human beings can grow and take responsibility and credit for the growth.
- Hazelden-Minnesota Modelviews addiction as a disease, an involuntary condition caused by factors largely outside a person’s control. The program consists of didactic lectures, cognitive-behavioral psychology, Alcoholic Anonymous principles / Twelve Steps Principles and biblio-therapy. In this modality, counsellors and patients collaborate in defining the path to recovery.
- Spiritual Approachuses the Bible as the primary source of inspiration to change. It views drug addiction as a sin and encourages the patients to turn away from it and renew their relationships with the Lord.
- Eclectic Approachaims at applying a holistic approach in the rehabilitation program. The spiritual and cognitive components of the Twelve Steps complement the behavioral aspects of the Therapeutic Community. The skills and services of rehabilitation professionals and paraprofessionals are made available. In doing so, different personality aspects of drug dependents are well addressed geared towards their rehabilitation and recovery
Accredited Treatment and Rehabilitation Centers
This is a listing of accredited treatment and rehabilitation centers in the country. Click here to view the list of accredited rehabilitation centers…
The Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) assists clients relative to the filing of Petition for Voluntary Submission or Compulsory Confinement of Drug Dependents with the Regional Trial Court pursuant to Sections 54 and 61 of the Act, respectively.
- Drug Dependency Examination (DDE) Result. The conduct of a DDE shall be undertaken by Department of Health (DOH)-Accredited Physicians only. For DDE appointments, please coordinate with the City/Municipal Anti-Drug Abuse Council in the place of residence or the nearest DOH-accredited Treatment and Rehabilitation Center from a DOH Accredited Physician.
- Philippine National Police (PNP) Clearance
- Certificate of No Pending Case from the Regional Trial Court (RTC) and Municipal Trial Court (MTC)
Letter Request for treatment and rehabilitation with information on the manner of drug use of the alleged drug dependent (this requirement is for petition for compulsory confinement only)
PROCEDURES IN AVAILING TREATMENT AND REHABILITATION
- Clients, Families and ADAC’S may coordinate with Legal Personnel through mobile number 0919-0678101 and 0919-0678102 for the requirements of treatment and rehabilitation.
- Clients with complete requirements may send the scanned copy along with the information below of the PWUD’s to email@example.com
- Name of Patient
- Age of Patient
- Complete Address
- Kinds of drugs use
- Number of times the PWUD has been rehabilitated
- For Compulsory Confinement: Name of Applicant / Guardian / ADAC Representative
- Doctor who conducted the Drug Dependency Exam (DDE)
- Treatment and Rehabilitation Facility
3. The applicant will receive a text messages / email for an appointment at the DDB Office. The applicant / representative should bring and present the original requirements and one set of photocopies to the legal personnel on duty.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE “TREATMENT AND REHABILITATION” WEBPAGE.